View Single Post
Old 09-26-2015, 08:32 PM   #26
artifact
Addict
artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: jetBook (RIP), Kobo Touch
I had it in my brain that after the Cryoburn disk kerfluffle LMB was anti e-publishing and that Penric was a toe testing the waters. Guess I didn't stumble upon a change in her thinking but old news.

As to the look of the covers:
Quote:
It's been a very exciting (and very educational) process. We worked through several design ideas before finally getting to the final scheme. There are lots of constraints with e-book covers. For the most part, they will appear as small images, frequently as thumbnails or grayscale, so fine details tend to get lost. Each needed to provide a strong, simple image that would register on the eye and mind in the perhaps half second that average browser gives to them; and, with luck, intrigue the viewer enough to stop and look further.
IMO the thumbnails work quite well for their intent. They are recognizable, legible, consistent, and intriguing.
artifact is offline   Reply With Quote