View Single Post
Old 10-30-2013, 02:34 PM   #47
twowheels
Wizard
twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, iPad Pro 10", iPhone 15 Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirmaru View Post
Can you explain why the SAME posters with PW 2013 problems also seemed to have PW 2012 problems? I've noticed the SAME folks seem to have had HD 2012 problems and HDX 2013 problems as well.
I kind of understood it for the coloration in that some people (especially women) are more sensitive to certain colors than others.

Spoiler:

From Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Color_v..._the_human_eye

Quote:
A very small percentage of women may have an extra type of color receptor because they have different alleles for the gene for the L opsin on each X chromosome. X chromosome inactivation means that only one opsin is expressed in each cone cell, and some women may therefore show a degree of tetrachromatic color vision.
I noticed that it was mostly female posters (of those whose gender was known) who were complaining about the screen coloration.

I can occasionally detect a hint of pink, sometimes even a greenish tint when using my PW1, but it seems to be related to the ambient lighting more than the PW itself. It seems that some lighting exasperates the problem and so if I were hypersensitive to these color variations and happened to do most of my reading in lighting that made the problem worse I could see being unhappy with device after device after device.
twowheels is offline   Reply With Quote