View Single Post
Old 07-21-2012, 05:13 AM   #26
louwin
Newbie Nerd
louwin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.louwin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.louwin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.louwin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.louwin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.louwin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.louwin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.louwin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.louwin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.louwin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.louwin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 3 64Gb Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by murraypaul View Post
What I would suggest is this:
Download a free/lite video application which supports streaming/downloading videos from a network drive. I think OPlayerHD Lite is an example.
Edit: In order to Open In... an application, the file would have to be fully downloaded to the iPad and transferred to the working space of that application. You cannot Open In... a streaming location of a file. Perhaps that is why the WiDrive application only offers that option for small files. (If that is the case.)

You are "spot on"

I downloaded the App you suggested and it was perfect

Still didn't do as I hoped but did as you suggested and I expected, "Open In" did offer the App for selection but didn't work but using the IP address of the Wi-Drive worked perfectly.

When I tapped on the AVI it asked me if I wanted to "Play It" or download it. I tried both. The movie I downloaded was in the App and could be replayed (as expected) "offline"....

The movie I "Played" played perfectly with no hesitations. They do claim that 3 different devices can stream from the Wi-Drive at the same time but I'm happy with one streaming perfectly.

And being able to copy movies to my iPad without iTunes is marvellous

I contacted the App writers (3) and got one stereotyped response.

I have uninstalled the other 2 media player Apps and will stick (for now?) with OplayerHD Lite

Now I have to try with my Seagate Goflex Satellite (yes a bit of a gadget freak I'm afraid)

to all my responders
louwin is offline   Reply With Quote