View Single Post
Old 07-03-2012, 05:14 PM   #59
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
While I liked the Bogart movie, I felt that he and Astor had zero chemistry, and yes, her declaration of love and his response made little sense in that context.
Something I forgot to mention...

In the magazine version it is quite clear to me that Brigid's expectation at the end that Spade loved her was merely an act she was accustomed to employing to get her way with men. Spade's response was not the expression of someone torn over what to do, but rather a clear-headed response that passion didn't matter in this case.

I suspect that any doubt in my mind about this scene was caused by the Bogart movie rather than the book.
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote