View Single Post
Old 06-11-2008, 07:43 AM   #26
axel77
Fanatic
axel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-books

Device: iliad
First at all, i think its wrong to attribute the fault to google. If, its the internets content that makes us stupid, not to search engine to access it.

This has really becoming radical in some cases, I know some gaming site, where people really hardly read anything more than 2 lines. And even then only read the headline...

This "short attention span" syndrome is all about our current time. Its not only the internet, take for example music. When you listen to Bethovens pastorale or vivaldis seasons or Smetanas Moldau, a music piece lasts at least 30 minutes. You are introduced to theme, get to listen it in differet variations, the whole thing even tells a story. You have to have at least 30 minutes time to be able to really dive into it.

Whats today? The average single lasts 2 minutes and 30 seconds. Quick intro, the theme is actually to whole music piece. After a short spurt some peak, then a mixing point for the DJ, over.

I think it makes a hugh difference already if you train you brain to grasp a 30 minute music story, or throw one 2:30 single after the other into it.
axel77 is offline   Reply With Quote