View Single Post
Old 03-15-2008, 07:56 AM   #5
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnageddon View Post
I started with a Palm 72s for ereading, then got my EB 1150, then my Sony 505.

I still love and use my EB1150 though. Just a great piece of technology, and I miss the backlighting, touch dictionary and ability to mark up copy that the Sony reader lacks.
I started with the REB 1100 (great B & W), then had to have the REB 1200 (great color), then picked up a backup REB 1100, then some Sony Clie PDAs, then nothing. I had saturated my use of different ebook readers.

Then along came the eBookwise 1150, and my content world opened up again! I actively used the ebook readers again. My wife now has the EBW 1150 and my kids each have a REB 1100. No one uses the Sony PDA for reading ebooks. Since then I have mostly prepared my own content and was able to get a backup REB 1200.

By the way, the REB 1200 is the most enjoyable, whereas the Sony Clie TH-55 with its ereader software the least enjoyable of the lot (relatively speaking).

The Sony PDA used a very small bold font (swiz 21 12pt) which allowed the maximum possible text on screen and still legible. It was a great combination but waned in comparison to the (larger screen) dedicated ebook devices.

I will probably hold-out for a color e-ink device as my next ebook reader, but it must have the 'features' of the REB 1200 / EBW 1100.

Come on eBook Technologies, Inc., what are you waiting for....
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote