View Single Post
Old 03-03-2011, 09:44 PM   #102
dhdurgee
Guru
dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3W, PW4
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@dhdurgee: Run mplayer from a full proper shell over SSH?
That would prove difficult at this point as I don't have SSH access at this point to the kindle. I gather that is possible if I were to install the usbnetwork, but the cautions in the README_FIRST make me hesitate to do so as I am hardly that experienced a linux person. I have no desire to brick my kindle through some stupid mistake on my part.

Even if I were to set this up the WiFi access is elsewhere, not here at home, so I would need to haul my system along with the kindle there for this testing.

I have a tentative conclusion from some limited testing I did tonight capturing stdout/stderr from the control.sh and mplayer as I attempted to access the internet playlists. It appears as if it is some issue with the WiFi hotspot not permitting access, despite apparently being able to use the kindle browser to access amazon.com on it. Does the kindle browser use a cache of some sort? Perhaps I am seeing that as opposed to an active internet reference at that point.

This might explain the behavior I am seeing, as I have initial success followed by later failures. Is curl smart enough to deal with this sort of WiFi negotiation? Perhaps the kindle store browser is smart enough to deal with this and doing some initial searching there would set things up right?

Dave
dhdurgee is offline   Reply With Quote