View Single Post
Old 05-22-2009, 08:48 AM   #9
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
And the ePub logo does not look good where it is at all.
It's meant to be at the bottom of the title page. Of course, the page size can be altered, so whether it will fit in the page or not is not predictable. (I could use "position: absolute", but that is discouraged in the ePUB specification).

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
The reason the headers failed is because you did not define a page template.
I don't try to create an ePUB customized for ADE, but a general compliant ePUB. I used "display: oeb-page-head", and, according to the spec:

The content of an element assigned display: oeb-page-head should be presented only as a header, and the content of an element assigned display: oeb-page-foot should be presented only as a footer. Neither should be simply presented as if it were inline or block.

(Where "should" means: "This word, or the adjective "RECOMMENDED", mean that there may exist valid reasons in particular circumstances to ignore a particular item, but the full implications must be understood and carefully weighed before choosing a different course.")

And the page you linked says:

oeb-page-head and oeb-page-head values for display properties can be used to move the content to the page header or footer area. They are very similar to adobe-other-region display value, but need dynamic allocation of the header and footer space - something that Digital Editions 1.0 still cannot do. In future they are expected to work just like adobe-other-region value with adobe-region set to either xsl-region-before or xsl-region-after - at least in paginated mode. The good thing about these properties is that they are convey more semantic than adobe-other-region and thus can be used by Digital Editions even if epub is displayed in scroll mode (something that we do not have currently). Thus, I think these values are critical to implement right.

So I think I'm doing it right.

Last edited by Jellby; 07-15-2009 at 03:32 AM.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote