View Single Post
Old 04-01-2015, 10:48 PM   #10
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philosopher View Post
Thanks so much Red (and all).

So the .BAK will work. I will start implementing that for the base original file.

But the Evernote use - which I have become ever more using - is an interesting idea. I will give that a try. Same with OneNote. That I think will be a great way to approximate what I am describing.

I also never thought about a LINK in the DESCRIPTION to a FOLDER for that author/book - for supplemental materials. I think I will experiment with that as well. I could also do - as you are - by placing a link to this SUPPLEMENTAL folder in EN. But think that this one in the description would also be a possible good approach - as its direct from Calibre (one step) rather than via EN as a "middle" third. Perhaps you might find that something of interest.

Thanks again. This was VERY helpful (and I am now filled with optimism for at least ONE thing today ).
At one stage I had links to folders in Manage Authors and some books.

But a couple of months ago I had a moment, realising that for 80% of authors their supplementary folders typically contained a handful of url and small text files. Putting urls and text in an EN note much is 'neater' and more flexible. Performance wise, assuming EN loaded, its just as fast as a file manager window and its orders of magnitude more functional - and where I want a folder then I put a link in EN.

The other advantage is that I can get at the notes on my tablet and phone. I record voice notes into EN as I'm reading a book, I deal with the voice notes at the desktop.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote