View Single Post
Old 03-23-2015, 10:14 AM   #1
Philosopher
Connoisseur
Philosopher began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Lightbulb Possible Tweak: Allow more than one copy of same format (different file)

I often have several of the same book - but not just in different formats (as we can now MERGE into one file).

But I also have three other TYPES of "duplicate" books (same book - but not same file - but in same file format (i.e. more than one (different file) PDF version of the same book).

The two times this is common in my libraries are: (1) When I ANNOTATE a book - and want to retain an ORIGINAL copy - while also having an ANNOTATED copy; (2) When I have a PDF that has not been OCR'ed and one that has been; (3) When I have two different QUALITY (and thus in particular size) versions of the same book - but want to keep all.

Right now - what I have to do is to have the same book (same edition, etc.) - but with more than one RECORD for it.

I'd like to be able to MERGE all those files for the same ("book" [not identical file]) including more than one of the same format (again i.e. two or three PDF versions).

And to be able to also IDENTIFY what the different PDF (or also I have this with KINDLE files - i.e. an un-highlighted original - and a highlighted version) file is characterized as (such as in those above: So it could indicate PDF-image only, PDF-OCR, PDF-Annotated (or even PDF-Annoted Ver. 2, etc.).

Would that be possible to consider building into a future update?
Philosopher is offline   Reply With Quote