View Single Post
Old 06-22-2013, 11:53 AM   #6
samhy
Wizard
samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (Sony (J) PRS 650), Kobo Mini, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antoinekamel View Post
It seems all about antidumping/antitrust measures, a real preocupation. A strong competitor can reduce prices to dismantle the others so it turns out a de facto monopoly, capable of highening prices. As long as I like Amazonīs discounts, it is not a non-profit corporation and, without laws in that matter, it could kill competitors.
The independent bookstores protection is a long lasting thing. I don't like the idea of that kind of law, but I think its aim is to protect the b&m bookstores that can't have their headquarters in Luxembourg to avoid some taxes.
In 2007, Amazon had to stop free shipping of books. Obviously, it didn't last long.
This time, wait and see.
samhy is offline   Reply With Quote