View Single Post
Old 08-31-2011, 02:02 AM   #3
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
There's an author I follow who publishes his works independently, and he recently took the foray into ebookland. His books had a skimpy table of contents, no links (despite being reference works), not even any tags specifying the title, author,... I gave him some feedback on this stuff, and in the replies it sounded like he had no experience with ebooks himself, and he'd just handed over his Word files to be automatically converted by the distribution site.

I think as ebooks become more and more popular, many authors will be feeling the pull to just get their books over there. However, until ebook publishing becomes mainstream for most authors, I can guess that we'll see many more books pushed through by people who don't have a real understanding of the electronic format's unique strengths.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote