View Single Post
Old 06-30-2010, 10:44 PM   #20
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
I went with Other.
My reader is NOT 9:16 format(the format of a normal paperback print area), it is 3:4.
My reader is NOT your reader which is ????
One size does not fit all.

What I would like is a more standardised STYLE NAMES used for the typical book parts (body, Chapter-head,chapter-first-para,para...) so I don't have to examine the code every time to change basic attributes.
(Obviously, there are non-standard parts, but those are few and far between or they inherit /relative from a basic part)

I have not figured Calibre's assignment names. One time the standard Paragraph is calibre4, the next time it is Calibre17, rarely is it the same so I can't just append my override stylesheet to supersede the publishers original.
Sometimes I make the e-version look like the Paper version (dingbats and all). Sometimes plain. I tend to use all the screen. The plastic supplies the basic margins
The user should be able to read a book "stock" or trick it out. If the stylesheet was open (not part of the DRM) and standardised (and commented in special areas), the user could tune a DRM infested book without violating any laws (DRM is intact)
My 2cents
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote