View Single Post
Old 03-26-2010, 05:50 PM   #1
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
So I used sony's live chat today for the first time...

it's a cool feature, but the experience was a little bizarre. I would have expected the tech to be a little more adept with typing quickly, kind of felt like I was operating on a different temporal plane (the chat showed when he was typing, and it took a *long* time for one sentence to appear... thought maybe he was looking up stuff as he went or using a dictionary to translate or something. He was very formal, even apologizing for his one typo.

When I asked about why my reader library might be freezing up every time I tried to return a borrowed book (it returns it, but it freezes and has to be turned off and restarted to continue), he told me to try a soft reset, it's a reader problem. HUH?? My reader isn't always even connected when I return library books.

Since I had already asked him my major question and gotten an answer, and it had taken so long to get to this point, I just said ok, thanks.

A soft reset, really? After that call, I found I couldn't even *open* my reader library. The last time I had this problem with the old sony library, I was never again able to open it. I called my husband, who suggested I redownload the reader library program, which I did, and it seems to be ok, for now.

Anyone else use the sony live chat help? What kind of experience did you have?
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote