View Single Post
Old 09-01-2013, 07:42 AM   #6
woodapple
woodapple is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.woodapple is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.woodapple is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.woodapple is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.woodapple is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.woodapple is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.woodapple is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.woodapple is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.woodapple is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.woodapple is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.woodapple is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: kindle
Thank you everyone for the feedback! It sounds like it would still be slow using the command line interface. When I get some time though I will try to verify it using BetterRed’s advice.

DoctorOhh, I have been using the extract ISBN plugin and it seems to work for about 2/3 of the books. Unfortunately, a lot of the metadata from when I initially add the books to calibre has the author’s name in the title field and has the title in the author field. After some investigation it turns out most of my filenames have the following two formats:
filename-author.filetype or author-filename.filetype

For the first case, calibre correctly adds the metadata. However, for the second case, calibre adds the title and filename in the wrong fields. I have discovered when I select to edit metadata there is a check box to switch the filename and author fields! So, I am thinking that fixing the author and title fields will hopefully speed up the metadownload.

Also, when doing a bulk metadownload, does calibre just use the first match? If so, under “Configure Metadata download” should I change the “Max. time to wait after first match is found” to zero? This also might speed things up by a lot.

Adoby, due to the vast amount of books I am adding, I have most of them compressed to .rar files. This is saving a lot of file space. I will extract the books as I need them. Yeah, I agree that I do have some junk in my library that I would never read, but they are not worth the time remove from my library.

I will keep you guys updated on how this progresses. I just started graduate school, so I am going to get pretty busy and I might need to take a break from this.

Thanks again!
Aaron
woodapple is offline   Reply With Quote