View Single Post
Old 08-31-2013, 06:57 PM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Try this
  1. write a list of books to a csv file with the Catalogue feature (you may need to add Create Catalogue to your icon bar or menubar)
  2. save the csv file to somewhere outside the Calibre library - eg the desktop
  3. edit the csv file into a list of fetch-ebook-metadata commands
  4. rename as a bat file
  5. run batch file

There are more sophisticated solutions involving database queries and some OS level scripting, but this will give you a feel of batch performance

I doubt it will be much faster - the delays are mainly due to the speed of the servers and communications.

It's my understanding that if you do too many books in a batch (I've seen people refer to a 100) the metadata source sites will probably throttle your request, in some cases they may blacklist your IP address for a while.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote