View Single Post
Old 02-12-2013, 08:49 AM   #106
Ninjalawyer
Guru
Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Nexus 7 (2013)
Quote:
Originally Posted by teh603 View Post
Under its current implementation in the US, I'd make that exact argument. I don't have all my proof in hand (for example, a quote from a business major that CEOs are paid the big bucks because they go into the legal grey areas so the company can make big bucks), but I'd even go so far as to argue that laissez-faire capitalism and ethics are mutually exclusive.
Wow, a quote from a business major would have certainly convinced me that all capitalism everywhere is bad and wrong. Too bad you couldn't find it, I was this close to reforming my ways and opening a puppy-farming collective. Guess I'll just head to work now and foreclose on a few orphanages instead.

Protip: Condemning all of capitalism in a vaguely related topic is an easy way to get people to ignore your arguments.
Ninjalawyer is offline   Reply With Quote