View Single Post
Old 10-26-2012, 11:43 AM   #117
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeTee-Ess View Post
I don't see the logic of that last sentence, Dale.

The retina screen makes a dramatic difference on the iPhone 4, so why not on an iPad Mini? Its absence from the Mini is the reason why I am now in two minds about buying one. I suspect Retina will be the big feature of the next release.
Yes, retina makes a big different on iPhone 4 which you hold much closer to your face but what does retina mean? It is high resolution usually 4x what you get on the older screen. 4x is used to avoid dithering the pixels to achieve the higher resolution you just dup the bits resulting in 2x height and 2x width. When you have only 134 ppi at the ipad 1 and 2 then it makes sense but when you start with over 160 ppi it makes much less sense particularly when you have to have a huge battery drain and screen draw time to achieve it and you aren't likely to hold an 8" screen close to your face anyway. YMMV

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote