Thread: $13 eReader?
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2012, 07:09 AM   #50
Soldim
Not so important
Soldim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Soldim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Soldim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Soldim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Soldim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Soldim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Soldim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Soldim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Soldim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Soldim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Soldim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Kindle 4, iPad, Kobo Glo 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by frostschutz View Post
Actually it could be the first unrootable reader, as an image viewer is trivial enough to not need Linux at all.
But, an Android phone should be able to render the contents and send it to the reader. So, there are probably two chances of getting in -- if you have one you've probably got part of the other as well (if you're stuck with one .... eh, well ... never mind ).

I was thinking it would be a rather dumb device that just serves pre-formatted images without compression/decompression. So, unless they use a very complicated format (I don't know how images are served to the e-ink screen) and weird memory allocation I've high hopes
Soldim is offline   Reply With Quote