View Single Post
Old 08-14-2012, 05:41 PM   #15
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:
Originally Posted by jocampo View Post
Stupid question here, as I mainly use Kindle.

I guess Google books are DRM protected, right? Like B&N ?
There is no such thing as a stupid question

Not all of Google Books have DRM. A publisher can request their book to be DRM free.

An easy way to check is to search for "DRM free" in the Play Book Store is to search for the string

"At the publisher's request, this title is being sold without Digital Rights Management software (DRM) applied."

or

"DRM free"

The latter will give you a more accurate list. Also most public domain books are DRM liberated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocampo View Post
...also, if I have some epub books DRM free, how can I side load that into Google read ...
Wow this is really a stupid question. jk

There is no way to load personal books on to Google's Book app. It only works for books exclusively purchased from Google's Book store; it does work for the millions of free books found on their site. I would say that is a lacking feature... but considering that the Google's Book app is one of the worst readers in the market it's not really an issue they have bigger fish to fry.

Also Google Play uses it's own format as it streams one page at a time to the reader. You can cache your books by selecting the offline features. However in addition to that Google books supports Adobe DRM so you can download the ePUB or PDF version of your book from their play store and add it to your ADE device.

=X=
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote