View Single Post
Old 01-20-2012, 11:13 PM   #14
bfollowell
Fanatic
bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 Nook & Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5
OK, I just spent over two hours at my local B&N and I can confirm that a rooted Nook Table can, yes, CAN take advantage of the Read-In-Store feature. I just spent quite a bit of time doing it.

For those that can't, I can't explain why I can and you can't. Obviously there must be something different in the way we set our tablets up, whether or not we debloated, how close to a stock NT we left our tablets or something. All I can say for certain is that my NT is rooted, running the Go Launcher, Android Marketplace, a bunch of 3rd party apps not normally available to a Nook Tablet and my NT is as close to stock as I could keep it and I am able to use the read free for an hour in the store feature.

- Byron
bfollowell is offline   Reply With Quote