View Single Post
Old 07-27-2011, 10:15 PM   #1
Catew
Catew began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Moving archive to new Kindle

I've got a brand new Kindle 3 sitting here, with nothing on it. (My old one died. This is Kindle number 5 for me; I've been using one since they came out).

Since I've had a fair amount of experience moving into a "new" Kindle, I know that the way I do it is a huge pain. I end up sending things by ones and twos from the "manage your Kindle" page on the Amazon site, and then I manually place them into collections on the Kindle. This takes forever, and it seems so inefficient. I always end up not transferring books I wanted.

Also, I'm not very good at keeping things organized on the Kindle, especially with the free books I collect. When this Kindle died, I had, literally, 35 (strike that - it's 80) pages of uncategorized books.

Can anyone give me advice about the best/fastest/most organized way to move into this new kindle? And also, what do people like to help them keep their kindle organized once they're well into using it? I have a windows PC, and I'm not adverse to jailbreaking if it gets me to the result I want.

I've "had" to use an ipad the past week to get to my books, and I really like the ipad interface. It's so nice to see the book covers, for one thing.

Anyway, I would love any advice and opinions folks have to offer. I'm going to wait to get things set up until this weekend, because I really want to do it thoughtfully this time!

Thank you...

Last edited by Catew; 07-27-2011 at 11:02 PM. Reason: Quantification error
Catew is offline   Reply With Quote