View Single Post
Old 04-25-2013, 09:11 PM   #9
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
[...]Also if you do want your book to be free on Amazon this can be accomplished without KDP Select. Make it free elsewhere and Amazon will often price match the $0.00 price on their site (either through their pricing bot or through people reporting the lower price).
That's okay if you want to make your book free over a long period, it's not so great for short "hey everyone, look at me, I'm on special" attention getters. There is a (potential) psychological difference between: "oh, this book is always free, if I think about it I'll come back later and have another look," vs "free today, I'd better download before the price goes back up". Exactly how much difference there is in whether your book actually gets read, I have no idea, but the latter at least gets it onto people's ereaders.
gmw is offline   Reply With Quote