View Single Post
Old 01-09-2011, 02:49 AM   #3
jttraverse
Enthusiast
jttraverse knows what time it isjttraverse knows what time it isjttraverse knows what time it isjttraverse knows what time it isjttraverse knows what time it isjttraverse knows what time it isjttraverse knows what time it isjttraverse knows what time it isjttraverse knows what time it isjttraverse knows what time it isjttraverse knows what time it is

Device: none
This is for a book I've written that contains illustrations that I want 'zoomable' to better see the details in them.

The ReplicaMap file I talked about in my other posts seems to be just plain vanilla XML but does enable display of images full screen/zoomable (on the NookColor). So I can't yet understand why, even copying the exact coding and saving it as some other file name, it cannot be called from a link in an ePub book and still work. Maybe it's something unique to digital magazines..

Anyway, my intent is to have the images viewable on any of the currently popular color readers that have pinch-to-zoom...or some type of zoom function..and that can read ePub format (i.e. iPad, NookColor, Galaxy Tab, or any number of similar smartphones.)
I'm amazed this is so difficult since I have to believe it's something that would be extremely useful to authors, and it seems like such a no-brainer to do.
-JTT
jttraverse is offline   Reply With Quote