Thread: Classic Nook Teardown
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2009, 05:49 PM   #17
DaFlake
DaFlake began at the beginning.

Device: Nook (the Mrs's) and my Iphone
Is that Ferrari trying to forge a river? Then yes, the HUMVEE is faster. Once again you are comparing apples to oranges.

As I stated, you continue to generalize simply because you hate JAVA or don't understand it; just admit it. You never stated anything about a processor originally; you simply stated that "JAVA is slow" and then when on some tangent about VM's. I'm waiting for you to make a point in any direction. JAVA is only one tool that I use but it is a solid tool that is easy to port to many different operating systems and architectures. Two programs that do the same thing side by side one in Java and the other in C# and JAVA is just as fast as the other yet the JAVA program can be moved to different architecture where the C# has to stay Intel. It has its uses and I have used it in both the telecom/insurance and the military sector for both front-end and backend solution.

Congrats on the letter, although I'm not sure why you felt the need to put that out there. I guess you needed to pat yourself on the back for it.

JAVA did have a history of being slow, this is well known but those days are long gone now that it has been streamlined and the processors have gotten faster. I'd get used to it as I don't see it going away anytime soon.
DaFlake is offline   Reply With Quote