View Single Post
Old 08-22-2008, 12:11 PM   #35
lisreed
Addict
lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.

Device: Nook GlowLight 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor514ce View Post
I don't think you'll find us apologizing for being anti-DRM. There are very compelling reasons for that stance, and I'd hope any author or publisher coming here to learn about e-books in general would educate themselves about DRM in particular.

There's nothing to fear: make books we can buy, and we'll buy the books.

Exclude us, and we pretty much can't, can we?
Ok thats fine I guess but stripping DRM and then posting the book all over the internet or emailing a copy to your friends is not ok at all. A writer has a right to royalties and a right to protect those royalities. It entirely different with a paperback. You have a copy that you can pass on to your friend. With an ebook you could pass hundreds of copies on to people and that should make writers and publishers nervous. Not that I think the current DRM is so great. Its a pain more than anything with remembering PIDS and having bookstores and libraries change them for you .
lisreed is offline   Reply With Quote