View Single Post
Old 08-26-2011, 03:59 PM   #14
steje
steje began at the beginning.

Device: kindle, ipad
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
...there are tons of MOBI files out there that do not have this field in the header set.
In such a case, would Calibre even be displaying a cover image in the edit metadata view though...?

In any case, I would have expected that if Calibre can identify and display a cover image in an existing MOBI file, that "removing" that cover image, then saving to disk should result in a mobi file that no longer contains that image. period... Perhaps it was doing so, but the resulting re-saved or converted MOBI file that I then looked at still had the 'other' image embedded in the HTML without having used that "Remove first image" option. Not sure - I'd have to go back and compare my starting MOBI vs a re-saved and converted mobi with and without that option set.

While it's time consuming, I'm content for now with converting to html, cleaning out any unwanted images (sometimes that's more than just a very bad cover image... but sometimes other ugly images included in the html, which I remove references to), then reconvert to both MOBI and EPUB after I've found better looking covert art.
steje is offline   Reply With Quote