View Single Post
Old 07-02-2011, 05:07 AM   #26
CommonReader
Fanatic
CommonReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CommonReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CommonReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CommonReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CommonReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CommonReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CommonReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CommonReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CommonReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CommonReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CommonReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, PRS-650, Vaio Tap 11, iPad Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneT View Post
... but those German books are not (always?) available for customers outside Germany.
After reading your message, I browsed through the available titles on Amazon.de, and indeed, I got the message that, since I'm not in Germany, I have to order through Amazon.com. But there I was told that the title I was interested in, 'was not available for my country'.
In a German book forum I came across a reader from Luxembourg who complained that she couldn't get ebooks from German sellers even though the books were not only available to buyers in Germany and Austria but to Swiss buyers as well.
Georestrictions within the EU are completely unjustified and it is about time for the commission to come down on the publishing industry like a ton of bricks. I guess that Barroso is more concerned about establishing an EU tax than about such a humble issue, though.
CommonReader is offline   Reply With Quote