Thread: Glo Kobo Firmware 2.3.1
View Single Post
Old 12-24-2012, 07:28 PM   #237
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Sample epub for margins wide and narrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by speakingtohe View Post
Thanks for the info.

I am sure you are right, but I will tell you my experience for what it is worth.

Set margin in first book I read and it worked. Never worked again on next 27 books and I tried.

After upgrading to 2.3.1 margin changing worked on all four books I tried it on.
All epubs, all converted with calibre (I like my books formatted a certain way) all with calibre margins settings in page setup as 4.0 points.

Next time I add on a book, I will convert with 24 pt margins and see what happens.

Helen
I've attached two copies of Charles Stross' Toast and other stories to this message.

Toast-wide.epub has my usual margin settings while Toast-narrow.epub has the margins set to a minimum of 25pt (some of the special items use narrower margins). As I said earlier, most books use minimal margins but you run into the odd one that uses wide margins, some for valid reasons, some for reasons that I can't grok.

Regards,
David
Attached Files
File Type: epub toast_narrow.epub (249.6 KB, 151 views)
File Type: epub toast_wide.epub (249.6 KB, 159 views)

Last edited by DNSB; 12-24-2012 at 07:30 PM. Reason: Corrected a typo
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote