View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 12:20 PM   #22
Hellmark
Wizard
Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nokia N800, PRS-505, Nook STR Glowlight, Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
The ruling that was made in the EU, if I recall correctly (and please anyone do correct me if I'm wrong) is that in situations where a manufacturer sold a product for a specific market, they were permitted to prevent its importation and resale into other markets. The case here revolved, I think, around things like Nike shoes, where they were being imported into the UK from the US (where they're cheaper) and resold. The courts ruled that it was legal for a manufacturer to maintain different regional markets. It's fine here to order such products from abroad as an individual, but not to import them for commercial resale.
Can the individual importer then sell later on, non commercially? For instance, a friend of mine imports japanese toys and video games for his own personal collection, and occasionally he'll sell something to prune his collection back, or trades to get something else. Would that be allowed?

Also, if it is, would it be allowed for him to sell to a company that would do commercial resale (IE selling his games to a company like Gamestop)?