View Single Post
Old 03-24-2023, 12:00 PM   #7
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
FYI, Audible did not apply a coupon to a preorder--I had dollar left on a coupon (expiring February 28) and last week applied it to a preorder of a $2 Whispersync title that came out yesterday, March 1. Audible expired the coupon and charged me the $2. I suspected they would, and, sure enough ...

Not going to bother complaining, as I'm so over Audible and Amazon.
Circling back to comment that it's been a long time since I've had an Audible subscription and I miss it not at all. Between my backlog there and audiobooks on OverDrive and Hoopla, I've got more than enough to listen to for a very long time. It might be different if audiobooks were my preferred medium to text, but it's not; i.e., there's nothing that I'd strongly prefer to hear rather than read and I'm content with what I can get.

The only possible exception for me will be if OverDrive locks down their audiobooks so they're app-only, as OD is how I stock my waterproof MP3 player in the summer. In that case, I'll look to Downpour.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote