View Single Post
Old 07-12-2009, 09:25 AM   #2
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnginerdLisa View Post
If you have a K1 that works and is still in perfect condition is there any real reason to upgrade to the K2 or DX? Is there any evidence that Amazon will 'cut off' K1 owners and stop making books for us? Looking on ebay I see K1s selling for $100-$200, I could sell it and cover part of the price of a new one. However, other than the drive to have the newest cool toy is there any evidence that a K1 owner should upgrade if they want to keep reading?
If you're happy with your K1, there is no need to upgrade. If you're curious, you can order a K2 see how you like it and return it within 30 days for a refund minus shipping.

Amazon will not stop making Kindle books for the K1 because they don't make Kindle books for each device (there are some that are "optimized" for use with the DX). All Kindle books will work on all Kindles.

I have both K1 and K2 (as well as the Kindle app on my iPod Touch) and though I use K2 as my main reading device, I keep my K1 as a back and master storage device because of the SD card storage. I can loan it out to family or friends to share a book and still be able to read on my K2.

I hope to add another non-Kindle eink device to my library in the next year once I see how things shake out.

Good luck, whatever you decide.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote