View Single Post
Old 10-22-2012, 10:36 AM   #6
BoldlyDubious
what if...?
BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: paper & electrophoretic
Quote:
Originally Posted by elemenoP View Post
She lives in Norway. Is she legally allowed to buy ebooks from EITHER Amazon.co.uk OR Amazon.com?
In my view, the problem is not where she lives or what she did or did not. It lies in the fact that what happened -assuming the link tells the story correctly, of course- illustrates the absolute power that the providers of DRM'd media have over their users.
The stated reason for Amazon's action was that the user's account was "related" to another one that had been blocked for unspecified reasons. When the user asked Amazon

" Is it correct that you cannot give me any information about
1. How my account is linked to the blocked account
2. The name/id of the related blocked account
3. What policy that was violated"

she got no response.
BoldlyDubious is offline   Reply With Quote