View Single Post
Old 02-22-2012, 04:42 PM   #12
frahse
occasional author
frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Wandering God's glorious hills, valleys and plains.
Device: A Franklin BI (before Internet) was the first. I still have it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by crossi View Post
I recognize that money talks and it's hard to say no when someone is waving some big bucks at you, esp if you don't have much, but I still think his agent could have bargained better on his behalf. I don't want laws about this, I just want a lot more competion to the big six so an author can shop around more for better deals. I'd like to see a big 20 or 30 instead of 6.
Agreed! I am with you there entirely. There can be and should be changes and hopefully eBooks will help bring that along in a manner helpful to authors, and to books in general. I don't pretend to see or understand how it will all come out in the end.

crossi, I didn't mean to come down so heavily on you earlier. In retrospect, I said too much, but I was already up in the air about something else and I only came to this site to take a break from that, but I think I was already carrying a hammer in my hand.

My apologies, if I seemed rude or overbearing.
frahse is offline   Reply With Quote