View Single Post
Old 07-02-2011, 09:33 AM   #5
george.talusan
Kobo Developer Intern
george.talusan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.george.talusan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.george.talusan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.george.talusan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.george.talusan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.george.talusan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.george.talusan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.george.talusan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.george.talusan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.george.talusan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.george.talusan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Mini, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by stef70 View Post
Ok! That make sense. Thanks.

Ideally, I would prefer booting from the SD card. I found in u-boot.bin what seems to be the description of a boot entry for /dev/mmcblk1p1. I copied the internal root partition onto an SD card but that does not seem to work. Is there a trick here (such as changing the partition name)?
Turning the device on while holding down the home key and actuating the power key will trigger a boot from the SD card.

The card needs to be specially formatted with a kernel placed at a particular offset for this to work.

The kernel and bootloader source haven't been released yet - it'll happen soon.

But FWIW, booting from the SD card is a real pain. If you want to hack, just change the startup scripts on mmcblk0p1.
george.talusan is offline   Reply With Quote