View Single Post
Old 05-17-2013, 08:02 PM   #51
RZetlin
Addict
RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura HD (RIP)
My device had a "dead" light pixel in the lower middle of the screen.
I decided to exchange my Aura device at the Indigo bookstore.

The Indigo store rep was able to quickly exchange my device without any questions asked. I have to give props to the good service at the Indigo bookstore.

Not to take any chances, I activated my replacement device in-store. I did not want to travel all the way home and find any defects.

It was a good choice that I made, because to my dismay the replacement device was worst than the original device! When the light feature was turned on there were three ugly white botches on the screen. There were scratch marks on the upper corner of the screen.

I showed the defective replacement device to the store rep. where they agreed to exchange the replacement for a second replacement. Luckily the second replacement seem to have a satisfactory screen.

The fact I had to go three Aura devices to get a decent screen brings into question the Q&A for the Kobo Aura screens. It seems to be a gamble on whether or not you will get a device without any screen defects.

My advice if you are considering the Aura is to purchase the device at a brick and mortar store, activate it in-store and then try out the light feature. It would save you the time in finding out if the device is defective or not.

Last edited by RZetlin; 05-17-2013 at 08:05 PM.
RZetlin is offline   Reply With Quote