View Single Post
Old 05-01-2013, 10:51 AM   #14
JoeD
Guru
JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: na
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
I guess I don't quite understand the definition of "author ad." Does the standard "Other Books by John Doe" page qualify as an ad? Surely Apple's not objecting to that industry standard (provided there's no links or other wording related to specific retailers)?
What apple objects to is links to a place you can buy the advertised books so as to avoid using in-app purchases of which Apple gets a cut. Amazon fell foul of this rule when they supported redirecting to the Amazon website from within the kindle app to buy new books.

Whether it's restricted to just actual links or also includes "more books available at Amazon" I'm not sure, but the app store/ibook store guidelines will likely clarify that.

I'd be surprised if Apple is asking for "Also available from this Author Book 2 the unamed book, Book 3 thanks for all the fish." to be removed. I've only read the guidelines for apps and not books though, it might be different for those?
JoeD is offline   Reply With Quote