View Single Post
Old 06-11-2012, 04:34 AM   #762
orwell2k
Addict
orwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheese

Device: PocketBook 360°, BeBook (Hanlin V3), iRex DR1000S, iPad
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micah View Post
Well, been a while since I posted here so I thought I should give an update. Our last update release (couple months ago now) added iPad retina support, web links in content and a few other tidbits. The next update is going to be *major*: collections, simple highlighting, definition lookup, great EPUB text search, export bookmarks and notes. Shooting for early July release or sooner. Also adding some Asian language support (Chinese, Japanese, Korean)
Hi, this is good to hear.

I have one issue which I have already reported via e-mail to Bluefire, but wish to raise here also.

I have been reading some physics texts in ePub format, and notice that some of the mathematical symbols do not display correctly - I get the square box with a cross in it symbol (see attached screenshots).

This surprises me, as the character set is UTF-8, which I thought would avoid these issues - I was advised in the response from Bluefire support that:
Quote:
"Our development team is currently working to include more fonts and symbols in the App, and mathematical symbols are on their list, but there is no set timetable for when they will be released into the App."
I suggest it is a fairly fundamental and urgent requirement for a reader like Bluefire to have, esp. for UTF-8 support. Without this, most books with any level of technical content are effectively unreadable in your App.

Any chance you can check the progress on this and try to increase the priority? Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	chap2_p25.jpg
Views:	299
Size:	163.6 KB
ID:	87576   Click image for larger version

Name:	AppendixA_p436.jpg
Views:	299
Size:	209.0 KB
ID:	87577  
orwell2k is offline   Reply With Quote