View Single Post
Old 08-31-2012, 04:43 PM   #1
einpoklum
einpoklum knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'einpoklum knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'einpoklum knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'einpoklum knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'einpoklum knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'einpoklum knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'einpoklum knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'einpoklum knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'einpoklum knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'einpoklum knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'einpoklum knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: PocketBook 912
'striped'/'ghosted' display after firmware update of 912

I just got my new PB 912 today. As the device suggested, I proceeded to look for the latest firmware. There was no 912 page for Israel/Palestine, so I went to the /us page. Downloaded both the 2.1.2 and 2.1.3 firmware updates. I tried 2.1.3 first. It seemed to go ok, except for the "Unknown image type: s" message. However, after the update, something is wrong with the display. It's as though it's partly faded and striped; and it doesn't get refreshed properly, i.e. there seems to be ghosting of the previous page (and I made sure to choose full-page update always). I tried downgrading to 2.1.2. Again, seems to work with the "Unknown image" message. But I see the same thing. Unfortunately, I did not keep track of my original firmware version.

What do I do?

Update: I powered-off yesterday, and turned it on today, and the problem was gone. But after working with it a bit, transferring some files from my PC etc it was back!

I'm still pretty sure it's a software rather than a hardware issue.

Last edited by einpoklum; 09-01-2012 at 04:02 AM.
einpoklum is offline   Reply With Quote