View Single Post
Old 05-01-2012, 12:20 PM   #1
atordo
Connoisseur
atordo is a splendid one to beholdatordo is a splendid one to beholdatordo is a splendid one to beholdatordo is a splendid one to beholdatordo is a splendid one to beholdatordo is a splendid one to beholdatordo is a splendid one to beholdatordo is a splendid one to beholdatordo is a splendid one to beholdatordo is a splendid one to beholdatordo is a splendid one to behold

Device: Kindle Touch
Parsing data from feed

Excuse me if what I ask is too obvious, already explained or plain impossible, I'm just beginning to scratch the surface of the recipes (and Python itself)

I'm experimenting with several recipes, and the feed for one of them contains data that is not displayed in the ebook, i.e. every article contains the following field:
Code:
<dc:creator>Author's Name</dc:creator>
Would it be possible to extract the name between the "creator" tags and print it after the headline?

Also articles contain tags like:
Code:
<category><![CDATA[medios]]></category>
There can be several of them per article, but as the site contains just one main feed, I was wondering if it would be possible to parse the first "category" tag to index the article like when you have different feeds for different sections of a site.

Thanks for any insight.
atordo is offline   Reply With Quote