View Single Post
Old 12-13-2010, 05:49 AM   #51
Sil_liS
Wizard
Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 903 & 360+
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwizard View Post
In an attempt to clear the air a bit on the subject of how this thread got started, while I do not know who the first poster was, Robin Spano joined under her own name shortly after I posted a message mentioning mobileread on the blog the original poster linked to. So lets play nice, please .
Meanwhile, the person that started this thread still has only one post. But let's give her the benefit of the doubt.

The book was published in September. Ashley bought it sometime in September-November, read the book, and loved it. By coincidence she happens to read the Deadly Letters blog and hey, there she is: her new favorite author letting everybody know that her book is now 5 times cheaper for a week. What can Ashley do? She can post on MobileRead since she has been reading the forums for a while and just wants to give something back to the community. She has to do that immediately, and then never post again.

And I just read the comments on the blog. I can't say that I really like the fact that the author suggests that people should lie about their address to get the georestricted book, and then gets upset when someone points out that that isn't a solution to the georestriction problem. Especially since she is the one who signed the contract to give limited rights to the publisher.

Oh, and she uses the work "edgy".
Sil_liS is offline   Reply With Quote