View Single Post
Old 10-06-2008, 01:36 PM   #14
athlonkmf
Guru
athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, Sony PRS-505, Kindle 3, Sony PRS350, iPad 64GB
I'm probably the manga-expert around here.

I've been using the PRS500 and now am using PRS505 to read manga, but I convert my manga completely to LRF. Although the reader can read pictures and pdf, both formats are not so good for the reader.
Using pictures, it's hard to navigate.
Using PDF, the size is a problem.

Converting PDFs to LRF, that would negate all problems. If you use a tool like rasterfarian, the contrast will be increased compared to normal pics. And the generated LRF will be a fraction of the PDF file.

It's a bit outdated, but this review will give you a headstart: http://hightech.afmag.net/reading-ma...ve-review.html

Oh, nekokami, I've created manga2pdf for the sony reader actually, so you can find it in the sony reader's forum. (I've chosen PDF as an intermediate format, because IF I ever buy another reader, I can easily reconvert the pdf to the correct fileformat)
athlonkmf is offline   Reply With Quote