View Single Post
Old 01-25-2013, 06:02 PM   #72
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
New GADGETS are the key.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProDigit View Post
Unfortunately this is the case with a lot of people. I buy a new e-reader about once a year too.
Perhaps it's telling us, that we really wanted something better, and that the e-reader still don't meet our expectations, but is the closest thing to what we want at the time.
I spend $ 500 for eReaders, covers and chargers each year and only about $ 200 for eBooks. Its the gadget properties which really interest me and all the new screens and functions. The eBooks just fill my time with interesting reading.

Its the same with PC's. I spend $ 2,000 every 3 years for a new PC and only about $ 200 each year for software. I like the new learning curves the best.

Thus, battery lives are irrelevant unless next year's battery models have the new 3D batteries which are 1/10th the size of the present 2D ones and last 5 times as long.

Last edited by sirmaru; 01-25-2013 at 06:04 PM.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote