View Single Post
Old 01-07-2013, 07:42 AM   #12
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
I think it happens more than you think. It seems every person that codes books, seems to do it different (or enters exactly what was given, even if it violates style)
I'm not debating there are books with inconsistent / bad metadata. I am saying that if the title and author are inconsistent the rest of the metadata in the book often follows suit. If I am forced to use the filename to fill in metadata I don't want to sift through or use the rest of the book's metadata.

I'll let you, Kovid and DazJWood debate better ways to do things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DazJWood View Post
If I import based on the file name and then look up the tags after there is then the possibility of getting the wrong revision tags against the book.
That is why I only use GoodReads for downloading tags, check out my link above for more detail.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 01-07-2013 at 07:44 AM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote