Thread: Firmware Update Kindle firmware update 2.3.3 available
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2010, 10:05 AM   #69
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
According to an Amazon Kindle tech support person, the users who reported differences between 2.3 and 2.3.3 on the K2 Global are hallucinating. The tech said the only difference was a fix for a certain subset of Kindles that had a problem with the ‘back’ button or certain other glitches, and those were the only kindles that got 2.3.3 automatically. He said there are no feature or performance improvements of any kind.
Now, he could certainly be wrong. In fact, I wouldn’t bet against that, but in the event he knows what he’s talking about, could any performance improvement seen by users possibly be the result of a clean up after the upgrade’s restart, like perhaps a refresh of the Kindle’s index?
I can't say for myself because my attempt to manually upgrade from 2.3 to 2.3.3 resulted in a n "Error 0003" which is why I called tech support.
But since our new K2 Global isn't having any problems, I guess I shouldn't mess with it.

ApK
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote