View Single Post
Old 03-06-2008, 01:51 PM   #7
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
A lot of good reasons for print authors to negotiate new contracts, or renegotiate existing ones, to give them a fairer shake in the new breakdown of book profits.

I also laughed at the "empty pallets" paragraph, but it ably illustrates how unprepared the pub industry is to deal with these sea-changes. The few publishers I've spoken to or heard from give me the same vibe: "We know we need to change, but we just don't know what to do, so we're not doing anything yet." It's clearly up to the authors and their agents to take the initiative where the pub industry clearly cannot.
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote