View Single Post
Old 09-09-2010, 12:08 PM   #1
Patricia Ryan
Connoisseur
Patricia Ryan rocks like Gibraltar!Patricia Ryan rocks like Gibraltar!Patricia Ryan rocks like Gibraltar!Patricia Ryan rocks like Gibraltar!Patricia Ryan rocks like Gibraltar!Patricia Ryan rocks like Gibraltar!Patricia Ryan rocks like Gibraltar!Patricia Ryan rocks like Gibraltar!Patricia Ryan rocks like Gibraltar!Patricia Ryan rocks like Gibraltar!Patricia Ryan rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Kindle, iPad
Backlist Ebooks--A source for inexpensive author-published out of print books!

(This is from today's blog by my Evil Twin Pamela Burford because I can't say it better myself.)

“Where Can I Find Your Out-of-Print Books?”

Every author who’s been around long enough gets asked that question, and many of us have responded by self-publishing the books we have rights back to online as ebooks, at prices significantly lower than the original print-version prices. About a gazillion ebooks are now offered on sites such as Kindle Store and Smashwords, both previously print-published books and original electronic books. Sifting through all the choices can be a daunting task for readers looking for books by authors with a proven track record.

The good news? There’s a new page on Facebook devoted to bringing together authors who have published their out-of-print books in electronic format, and the readers who are eager to get their hands on those republished books. Here’s the description from the Backlist Ebooks page:

“We’re print-published authors who have released our out-of-print backlist titles as reasonably priced ebooks. Our Wall has announcements of new projects; check out the page tabs for the books we’ve put into e-vailability.”

The Backlist Ebooks page is well thought out and easy to navigate. The Authors tab lists participating authors (the number keeps growing), along with links to their websites and books. The Genres tab tells you who writes what kind of book. My favorite is the Resources tab, which provides valuable info about ebooks, where to buy them, what equipment you’ll need to read them (a computer is sufficient, no special player needed), and the various formats available.

This line from the info tab says it all: “We’d like to create a thriving backlist ebook community.” I’m very excited about connecting with readers and other authors on the Backlist Ebooks Facebook page.

I'd like to add that we've got New York Times and USA Today bestselling author participating, as well as major award winners. Drop by Backlist Ebooks and check us out!
Patricia Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote