View Single Post
Old 11-18-2012, 09:31 PM   #1
RareBird
Addict
RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
First impressions of the Kobo Arc

Today my wife presented me with a late birthday present in the form of a new Kobo Arc. I've been playing with it off and on for most of the day and I wanted to share some of my impressions. First off, the screen is amazing. Great color, very sharp, and great viewing angles. Sound is nice and clear through the two front facing speakers but using the SRS TruMedia enhancements makes it even better. Performance is great too. The Arc is nice and responsive with no lag loading apps or surfing the web. Build quality is great too. It feels nice and solid without being heavy (although it is noticeably heavier than a Touch or Glo). There is a bezel around the screen edge so it's not flush with the tablet edges. I like it personally. To me it seems to make for a sturdier device but that's just my opinion and have no intentions of performing drop tests. It came with two freebies, a photography book and Issue #1 of Star Trek from IDW Comics, and a selection of books you get to choose one from for 25%, 50%, or 90% off depending on the book you choose. I haven't had a chance to play with the tapestries yet but they look interesting and could make organizing things very simple and interesting. Overall, I'm pleased with and impressed by the Arc. I think the Arc is a worthy competitor to the Nexus 7 and should be given a serious look for those who are looking for a 7" android tablet.
RareBird is offline   Reply With Quote