View Single Post
Old 06-05-2009, 10:20 AM   #5
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippy View Post
Thanks Zelda, thats good to know.

I agree regarding the epub format's utility. I'd assumed (wrongly?) that epub would be readable with one of the existing OpenInkPot readers - I'll have to check that.

I've been asked by a client to demonstrate some interesting DRM concepts and I believe, for the demo, extending a well designed and utilised format is a good approach.
hm, i don't know for sure, but i thought OI did support epub... well, i guess we both should check.

regarding drm... arg ! you should demonstrate to your client why drm is pointless, ineffective, and annoying only to their legimitage, honest customers, a waste of money, and why they should drop it completely !! (only half joking... if that...) if you're interested there are plenty of discussions about drm around here so i won't go any further into it for now.

do keep us posted on your developpment projects ; i'll be very interested to know what you end up doing.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote