View Single Post
Old 03-03-2014, 04:19 AM   #3
GrannyGrump
Obsessively Dedicated...
GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T2, ADE on PC
Well, now. Here I sit with egg on my face again. I quickly threw together a 2-glyph font, made a new test epub per your suggestion, and tried it out. Quivira and my Test Font worked fine, Wingdings did not.

I had done a computer reboot meanwhile, and maybe that's why, or more likely, that the new epub didn't have whatever code error was in the first one.

But it seems like the Wingdings font still won't display, and maybe I found out why ...

TypeLight's Help manual gives an instruction that compounds the problem. It tells you to make the code page for "Symbol Character Set" active, and only characters in that set will be saved. But if I do that to my test font, the characters no longer appear when I use the number/name entities. If I leave the Latin Set active, it seems fine. Maybe that is why Wingdings font is invisible, too.

EDIT TO ADD--Yep, I took the "active" setting off the Wingdings "Symbol Character Set", and now it also is working as it should. I might have a word with the TypeLight folks to add a little warning to their help file...

Font adventures: not for the faint-of-heart!

Thanks for your reply, it got me going in a better direction!

Last edited by GrannyGrump; 03-03-2014 at 04:35 AM.
GrannyGrump is offline   Reply With Quote